Eligibility for membership
If you are over 50 and retired or semi-retired you are eligible to join U3A Redcliffe.
Membership fees are $20 per year. If joining in Term 3 fees will be $15; joining in Term 4 fees will be $10.
Reciprocal membership fee is $10 and offered to members of another U3A, but current receipt or badge must be provided at time of paying U3A Redcliffe fees.
Eligibility for membership: Age 50 years plus, in their third age (retired or semi-retired). See U3A Redcliffe Inc Constitution.
After completion of membership application and payment of fees, the application is submitted to the Committee for their acceptance at the first meeting after the form has been completed.
Membership fees fall due in January and are renewable each year.
To retain continuity of membership the fees must be paid prior to the AGM.
At time of joining, each new member receives a copy of the Members’ Handbook.
On campus, class fees for each class attended will be $2.00 plus the cost of photocopying, if needed.
Off campus class fees are as noted in the relevant class information.
To apply for membership please follow the procedure set out below.
1. Accept Terms and Conditions of Membership
As a member of U3A Redcliffe you agree to be governed by the following Terms and Conditions of membership.
- agree you are eligible to be a member of U3A Redcliffe (over 50 years of age and either retired or semi-retired).
- agree to abide by the Association’s Constitution and rules.
- are aware there will be a fee for each class you enrol in.
- are aware that membership fees are not refundable.
- understand that photographs taken at U3A Redcliffe activities may be published in the Association’s newsletter, website or on social media.
- must advise the office in writing if you do not want any photos of yourself published.
- are aware that U3A Redcliffe uses email services to contact members. As this will not result in receiving emails from external advertisers, you give permission for U3A Redcliffe to include their email address, and understand if you unsubscribe, you will receive no further emails from U3A Redcliffe.
- understand that anything designed and/or developed by a member for U3A Redcliffe becomes the property of U3A Redcliffe with the exception of class material developed by a tutor, which remains the intellectual property of that tutor.
Payment of Membership Fee indicates agreement to abide by the Terms and Conditions of Membership
2. Complete application for membership form
You can either
- download, print and complete this form and bring it with you when you pay your fees OR
- complete a form when you come to campus to pay your fees. Click here to go to the course index.
3. Pay Fees
Membership fees fall due in January and are renewable each year. To retain continuity of membership the fees must be paid prior to AGM.
At time of joining each new member receives a copy of our Members Handbook.
- $20.00 per person for a full year
- $15.00 per person when joining for term 3
- $10.00 per person when joining for term 4 only
- Reciprocal Membership : $10.00
If you are a paid-up member of another U3A group (anywhere) you are entitled to join as a Reciprocal Member.
When joining U3A Redcliffe you will need to show your membership card or receipt from the other U3A group.
There may still be a slight delay in receiving your badge depending on the workload in the office.
Currently we cannot offer payment online; fees can only be paid at the office, by cash, cheque or EFTPOS. We accept Visa, Mastercard and EFTPOS card. However, we do not accept American Express or Diners Club.
If paying by cheque through the mail, please make payable to U3A Redcliffe Inc. and quote your membership number (displayed on your membership badge). The mailing address is:
PO Box 667
Redcliffe Qld 4020
Payment of class fees
Class fees can be paid by voucher or cash. Vouchers for class fees can be purchased from the office: available in bundles of five for $10.